- Mon-Sat : 24/7 Service
Sunday Also : 24/7 Service
Phone: +91 8678968138
What Is an Oncologist?
An oncologist is a health practitioner who focuses on diagnosing and treating people who've cancer.
If you have cancer, an oncologist will layout a treatment plan based on specific pathology reports that say what form of most cancers you've got, how a lot it has evolved, how speedy it's miles probable to unfold, and what components of your body are worried.
Since most cancers are treated with a mixture of cures, you may see several one of a kind forms of oncologists for the duration of the course of your remedy.
What types of oncologists could you see?
- The field of oncology has three fundamental areas: medical, surgical, and radiation.
- A medical oncologist treats most cancers the usage of chemotherapy or different medications, such as targeted remedy or immunotherapy.
- A surgical oncologist eliminates the tumor and close by tissue during surgery. He or she additionally performs positive sorts of biopsies to assist diagnose cancer.
- A radiation oncologist treats most cancers the use of radiation therapy.
Other kinds of oncologists include:
- A gynecologic oncologistgynecologic oncologist treats gynecologic cancers, such as uterine, ovarian, and cervical cancers.
- A pediatric oncologistpediatric oncologist treats most cancers in children. Some sorts of cancer take place most regularly in kids and teenagers. This consists of sure intelligence tumors, leukemia, osteosarcoma, and Ewing’s sarcoma. Types of most cancers greater frequent in teens every now and then additionally show up in adults. In these situations, an grownup might also determine to work with a pediatric oncologist.
- A hematologist-oncologist diagnoses and treats blood cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
Treatments managed via oncologists include:
- Biological therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Experimental therapies
- Other systemic treatments
Oncologists at Unittas Hospital have big experience in the diagnosis and therapy of each and every form of cancer, including:
- Brain tumors
- Head and neck cancers
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Biliary cancers
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colon cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Nonmelanoma pores and skin cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Neuroendocrine tumors
Other gynecological cancers